Saturday, October 29, 2005

Friday Night Shootout

I played the 5+1 shootout on Party friday night. I had a good run in the first round and finished in 1st place with about 5,000 in chips. The second round table was a little tougher and I barely survived in 3rd place with about 4,000 in chips. I was the short stack beginning round 3, but after doubling twice I became the table chip leader with 20,000. I finished first in round 3 with about 70,000 in chips. In round 4 I lost several coin flips early and went out quick. I'm still looking to take down one of these. I've made it to the final round 3 times and the final table once.
I've been enjoying a great run at the 5/10 and 10/20 tables on party for about two weeks now. I know that can turn at any time but for now while it's running good I'm playing every chance I get. It's funny watching the table chat of some of these guys as they just hand out their money hand after hand.
I sat at a table with gcox25 a couple of times this week. Good times G.
WW has a new post titled "worst best hand" that is a really good read and study tool.
I received a nice comment from slimeface this week. Check out his blog if you get a chance.
Have a good week everyone and good luck at the tables.