Monday, December 05, 2005

Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

I am not destined to play in the Party for Free tourney. I played another qualifier today. The top 18 made it. I placed 19th out of 540 entrants.
I don't post many hand histories, but there was one very memorable hand in this tourney.
I was in the big blind with 6 2 offsuit. It was fairly late in the tourney and the blinds were about 1000/2000. I had a small stack of about 9,000. It folded around to the small blind. He limps in. I check. The flop is three rags, one of which is a two. Small blind checks. I check. The turn is a two. We both check. The river is a ten and the small blind bets 3 grand. I shove quickly. He calls with AA. That is the way not to play aces.
I went out after watching every small stack hit their runner runners and two outers time after time. I had pocket tens in middle position with a desperately small stack of 6 grand. The blinds were 3,000/1,500. The caller had sevens and tripped up.....sigh
I've added a few links to some great blogs on the right there; check them out if you get a chance.
Poker Cats is a very cool blog I came across this weekend. The Vegas updates are very cool and the writing style is great.
Good luck at the tables this week everyone.........surf