Monday, April 17, 2006

Brand New Day

I was the first to bust out of the WPBT event last night. I really enjoy playing with all the other bloggers so this was a huge disappointment. As the title of this post says, I'm not going to dwell on it but I would like some opinions on how you would have played this hand.
It's the second hand of the tourney. The first hand was folded all the way around and I showed "The Hammer" in the big blind. Now I'm the small blind and I have AK offsuit. Four limpers in to the pot when it gets to me. I raise it to 180 to narrow the field. Everyone folds except for one caller. The flop is K 9 2 rainbow. I fire out 400 and they think for a moment and make the call. The turn is a 10. I bet 600 and they call again. The river is a rag. I throw in my remaining chips and get called. He has K 10 and I'm out.....sigh...