Saturday, April 08, 2006

I Nominate This Hand "Worst Beat of the Year"

Wow!!!!! If you have read my blog for a while, you know I rarely post bad beats or whine about a hand but WOW!!!!! I have to post this one.
It's a big multi table tourney. I've played solid for an hour and I'm sitting on a stack way above the average when this hand occurs.
Blinds are 100/200.
I have pocket sixes in the big blind. Three limpers. The flop is 10,6,2. Two of the cards are suited so I don't want to give a flush draw a free card. I fire out a bet of 1,200. I get a caller, a folder, and the last player to act raises it to 3,000. I raise it another 4,000 and I'm all in. The guy caught in the middle of this gets out of the way. My fish on the hook calls quickly without hesitation with the unbeatable hand of KJ....no, they don't have a flush draw. I kinda like the looks of that.....until the turn is a Q and the river is the A....................sigh