Sunday, June 18, 2006

BrainMc Hosts Game

I attended the game at BrainMc's last night. It was a small turnout but I had an excellent time. The players were: BrainMc , 23Skidoo , Mowenumdown , Rags, and myself. We played a couple of freezeouts. From the beginning of the first game I could easily tell I wasn't playing at the typical home game. Everyone there was an exerienced player and a lot of thought went in to their moves. Rags started out very tight until he hit a hand and got some chips in front of him. He played the role of big stack well and shifted gears forcing the action to ramp up. I went card dead for a while and found myself short-stacked. I hit two very lucky hands and managed to hang on long enough to finish second behind Rags.
In the second game we shortened the length of the blinds and play was a little more aggressive. I went out faily early when 23Skidoo hit a set and short-stacked me followed by Rags hitting an overpair against my pocket sixes. 23 Skidoo took over this game and took 1st with Rags taking 2nd with another solid game.
Mow took a couple of really bad beats during the night. I cracked his AA with 78 suited by flopping a 7 and hitting runner runner for a boat. 23Skidoo took down Mow's AQ with KQ after they got it in with a Queen on the flop, Ski hitting his King on the river. That kind of night can be really frustrating, constantly getting the chips to the middle while being ahead only to get sucked out on over and over. He took it well but I know it was very disappointing for him.
Thanks to everyone who attended and especially to BrainMc for hosting. I had a really great time and hope we can do it again soon.

Good luck to everyone today in the PokerStars blogger freeroll. I hope someone I know wins the seat to the WSOP main event. It is a huge field and should be lots of fun.