Friday, June 02, 2006

A Hill And A Curve

I live just over a hill. There's a sharp curve right in front of the house. It's raining tonight and cars keep coming over the hill too fast and doing 360's. I've been home from work for an hour and I've seen this four times already. That got me thinking..............I see people do that all the time at the poker table. They play their hand fast and reckless and absolutely do not have a brake pedal when the hand takes a sharp turn on them.
I just had a really big hand in a multi. The blinds are 300/600. I am dealt QQ in the small blind. Mr. Big Stack (fairly loose) is in early position and bets 1,600. Mr. I Just Lost Most of my Stack goes all in with his last 3,000 one off the button. The button (solid so far) goes all in with 5,000. I think he's trying to isolate; I think I will do the same....All in!!! Mr. Big Stack calls..uh oh. Biggie and Solid both have 10 10 and I now have 28,000 chips...hehe. Now I just made a HUGE dumb mistake. I coasted with 28 to 32 thousand chips for about 30 minutes when I get AK in the big blind. There are 5 limpers around to me. I bet 5x the BB and the first limper immediately goes all in with 40,000. Everyone else folds. I know, I know....this reeks of a slow played pair of aces and I know not to call........................sigh