Monday, May 22, 2006

Good News and Bad News

I have some really good work-related news. We are getting brand new computers and software that rocks. The only problem is we are doing the conversion pretty much the exact same time as Okie-Vegas. That is just awful. It makes it almost 100% no go on the trip. It doesn't look good.
I want to give a big shout out to my friend Hoyazo on winning the overall WPBT Gemini Tournaments last night. Great jobs!!!
I'm playing the 40k guaranteed tonight along with Hoyazo. I doubled up early on and have just been trying to stay tight during the first hour. Hoyazo had a few ups and downs early on but seems to have settled in a little as well. We are both hovering near the average stack approaching the first break. I'll post again in a little while if anything exciting happens.

Update: We've been going for an hour and a half now. We started with 2,453 players. We are down to 775. The average stack is now approaching 10 grand. Hoyazo is about even with it and I'm a little under that at about 8,000.

Update: I'm out in 573rd. I would like some opinions here. I was getting a little lower than I like on chips. I have around 6,000 and the average is 12,000 and climbing. I had AK off in late position. One limper just ahead of me. I shoved all in. The blinds fold and I'm called by the limper with 99. I hit a King but he hit a nine and I'm done. My question: Does anyone play this hand in a way that they don't go bust here? I know I play it the way I played it every time.

Hoyazo is still hanging in there with about 12,000 in chips. The average is 15,000 and there are 475 players left in. Good luck Hoyazo, I'm going to bed. I hope I hear some good news from you tomorrow.