Sunday, May 21, 2006

WPBT Tonight

I will be playing the WPBT Gemini tournaments tonight. I had a little trouble getting the passwords entered so if you are going to play these you should allow yourself a little time to sign up.
Here are my answers to Trip's question meme:

1. What is the biggest mistake people make at a NL table? Playing outside of their bankroll. I never put an amount of money on the table that changes the way I play.

2. What is the biggest mistake people make at a Limit table? It's a coin toss between calling when they should raise, slow playing their made hands, and folding when they have odds to call.

3. Why do you play poker? I love the competition and the game. I have become good enough at limit to build my bankroll. I use this money for 2 things: 1)Buy things I would not have otherwise 2)Pay for MTT's and take a shot at winning a big tournament

4. If you weren't playing poker, what would you be doing? I live a very busy life and cram a lot of work and play activities in so I would have to say the same things I already do.

5. What is your favorite poker book and why? My favorite is "The Poker Bible". Doyle is the king!!!

6. Who is your favorite poker player and why? Doyle Brunson. He told the world how he plays and then adjusted his game to beat them anyway.

7. Which poker player do you dislike the most and why? Phil Hellmuth. It's not his playing ability; I respect that. It's his attitude towards others that I can't stand.

8. Do your coworkers know about your blog? Yes. Everyone I work with and my family are all very cool with my bloggedness. I believe strongly in Freedom of speech and I would not associate with or work for or with anyone who was against it.

9. What is the most you have won in a cash game or MTT (both live and online)? 3 grand in a live game and 3,500 or so online.

10. What is the most you have lost in a cash game or in one day total (both live and online)? About 200 dollars both live and online.

11. Who was your first poker blog read? SirF . I was playing a MTT on Party and I thought his name was very unusual so I googled it and found his blog. I was a reader for a long time before I began blogging.

12. What satisfies you more, your aces holding up for a big pot or a bluff working for a big pot? In a tournament, the aces holding up. I think the bluff has to be the most satisfying for me in a cash game, especially when the opponent makes a comment like "He never bluffs, I have to fold."

13. Why do you blog? I blog mainly to be part of a community I love being a part of. I don't need it to stroke my ego or anything like that.

14. Do you read blogs from an RSS reader like bloglines or do you visit each blog? I visit each blog. I read most everyone's blog every chance I get. I'm a blogaholic.

15. Would you rather play poker for a living than do what you currently do for a living? Yes. I would still do what I do because I love it but it would be cool if I won enough playing poker that I could donate all my earnings from my job.

16. Do you wear a tin foil hat on occasion? No. I don't wear hats at all.

17. If you had to pin it down to one specific trait, what does a great poker player have (or do) that separates them from an average player? They have the ability to put their opponent on a range of hands and make their better opponents put them on the hand they want them to think they have.

18. Is Drizz the coolest person on the planet for naming his baby Vegas? He was already the very coolest person on the planet. It is a great name and anyone who thinks otherwise really doesn't get it at all.

19. What is your primary poker goal and are you close to accomplishing it? My primary goal is constant improvement and I feel like most of the time I am heading the right direction.

20. What is your primary online site and why? Poker Stars. They have a great variety of tournaments including the majority of the blogger tournies and plenty of tables to choose from all the time.

21. What site do you dislike and why? I don't dislike any site. I have only played at a few though, so I am sure I could find one if I tried harder.

Good luck at the tables this week everyone!!!