Wednesday, December 21, 2005

How would you play it??

Here's an interesting one. I'm in the Million qualifier on party tonight with a well above average stack. I have about 3,650 and the average is 1,200. I'm dealt AA in early position. This has been a fairly aggressive table so I just toss out a nuisance bet. The blinds are 25/50. I raise it to 100. Two callers, no re-raise...ugh. The flop is A K 3 rainbow. I throw out a continuation bet of 100 again looking for someone to make a play. I get what I'm looking for. He raises it to 450. He's got 2,200 more. This is my question. Do you re-raise here or let him lead you to the turn? I ran him out of the hand with a huge re-raise all-in.
TripJax has been talking about a blogger tourney to qualify for the main event in the 2006 WSOP. He is asking for input on ideas for the format of the qualifer(s).
I have several parties and get-togethers the rest of the week so I'll probably be taking some time off from online and live poker.