Monday, February 06, 2006

Hines Ward Story

Warning: This is not a poker related post.
I want to say Great Job to Hines Ward and the Steelers for winning the Super Bowl and Hines for winning the MVP title.
I've met Hines a few times and have a very funny story to share.
Hines was a customer at the Acura store I worked at when he played football for the Georgia Bulldogs. He and Robert Edwards were customers and I would see them occasionally. Hines is very nice. He was also a customer at the Lexus store I worked at.
Hines was in the Acura store getting his car serviced. He was waiting in the customer lounge. The coke machines were also in the lounge. I was thirsty. I pulled my change from my pocket and headed for the machine. I noticed Hines standing and reaching for change in his pocket as well. I quickly made my move and got there first. I looked at Hines and kiddingly remarked, "Oh WOW!!! My friends will never believe I beat Hines Ward to the coke machine." He took the loss in stride.....lol.
I knew Hines was going to be a great player in the NFL. He is a great person on and off the field. Congrats Hines.