Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Duggle,Gcox25,Jordan, and the Shark

I ran in to OklahomaDug on Party tonight. It's always fun to play some low stakes poker with a fellow blogger.
Gary and I played a 3-table tourney last night. He played well but ran in to a lemur early that sucked out with a terrible play. I managed to make the final table but was very short-stacked. I bubbled out one spot shy of the money.
I also played the Million Dollar 64+6 single table last night. I caught Quad Kings early and was off to a good start then missed a flush/straight draw and my AQ ran in to AA.....out...sigh
If you havn't been reading HighOnPokr for a few days you are way behind. Jordan has been turning out quality and quantity this week....great stuff.
Mike aka His Sharkness left Atlanta today. He lives in Pennsylvania and was down here for a few days. We had some great times and it was really cool meeting him in person after being on-line poker buds for about 3 years now.
I'm in the 10+1 on Party tonight and I'm off to a good start. The tourney started with 2,090 entrants. We are down to 938 at the first break and I have a slightly below average stack of 1,800. I'll post again later if I make it very far.
Update: Finished in 84th place. I hung in as a short stack for a long time then doubled up to a semi-average stack. Blinds were getting really big 1000/2000 . I had 10,000 and shoved with pocket tens; ran in to pocket kings.