Thursday, March 09, 2006

Feeding the Fish

I've got a favor to ask all of you. Please don't let variance cause you not to feed the fish. It's easy to get angry when they catch their two-outer and tell them how bad they are. That is exactly the wrong thing to do. "Feed" them with a nh or something and keep them playing just like they are. You will beat them more times than not. Why run them off and risk having a very good player take their place; and on top of that you may run them off for good or inspire them to become better. They may even BE a better player that is just having a bad day and you may wake them up....ok, that's my 2 cents on that.

Now a question. I'm not a huge stat watcher but I know some of you are. I've increased my aggression quite a bit lately at the 6-max limit tables and the short term results are very good. I'm seeing the flop 50 to 60 percent of the time...of course almost always raising or folding..seldom just calling. I'm winning 80% of the showdowns and over 20 percent of the hands at the table. I know I am finishing a big winner almost every time. Do you guys think these are maintainable stats long-term or am I just on a 2-week hot streak...???