Sunday, February 25, 2007

The Blinds Ambition Post

This was a short week of work and also a long week all rolled in to one. After returning from Tunica on Tuesday, I had to work Wednesday-Saturday including two 12 hour shifts on Thursday and Friday. My co-worker TJ and I went to The Poker Cat's home game Friday night. I don't have any big hands to report except maybe when I sucked out on Hal by catching the nut straight on the river in an Omaha hand. He was betting enough to prevent a pure chase, but I already had two pair on the flop so I decided to go with it. He called my hand when it hit but had to call a value bet on the end so I picked up a nice pot. I also pushed a hand hard and managed to double up Ben's short stack when he was able to beat the mighty powers of the hammer. We played several games that I don't get to play often including Badugi, 2-7 Triple Draw and Chinese Poker. It was just the right mix of games with the majority of play being hold em'. Thanks again for the invite!!
Jordan and Hoy have both invited me to join them in AC for the WSOP Circuit tournament on the 10th of March. Unfortunately it looks like I will probably not be there until around the 15th but nothing is in stone yet so there's still a chance I may go up early.
I'm trying to work "Weekend at Mookie's" in to my schedule but I don't know yet if I can swing it. I may have to skip it if I'm going to the summer get-together in Vegas which I don't want to miss.
I didn't talk much about the cash tables in Tunica in my last post so I wanted to give an example of the play: Hand 1. This was a 4/8 limit table with 9 players. The pre-flop, flop, and turn bets are all capped by five players with all but one folding to a river bet. The bet was called and won by someone who had paired a three in their hand on the turn and they won a $336 pot with a pair of threes (no, not a set, just one 3 in their hand and one on the board). Now maybe you can understand what I meant by not being able to leave the limit table I was on to play some no limit.
Good luck at the tables this week everyone!!