Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Decent Run

I made a decent run in a multi tonight on Full Tilt. I was the chip leader for a little while and Gcox hit me up on Yahoo with "120 big blinds, you have a little wiggle room".
That's true. I had a good bit of wiggle room. So let's talk about that for a minute. We've talked a lot about how to survive and how to play with different situations and I noticed in this tourney it never felt like I had a big enough stack to just "sit back". The blinds were constantly going up and I was having to fight to not become an average stack. I ran for a long time with a big stack, but "big stack" status required some aggressive play. I got in ahead some and behind some and got sucked out on and did some sucking out myself. Once when I took a pretty big hit, I got some nice words of encouragement from BrainMc, Slb, PokerEnthusiast, and Gcox. Sorry I'm tired and not up to linking everyone but Thank You ALL!!!
Here's my question for you to think about so you will be ready next time you are in that position: How do you plan to adjust your game when you find yourself behind a Huge Stack mid-way through a multi-table tourney. I think it's important to have a good game plan to "take it to the house" when you get in this position. I don't think I did the best I could tonight. I'm going to take a few days off and analyze my play and be more ready next time.
I finished 11th by the way in case you were wondering.

Have a great week at the tables everyone!!!