Monday, July 23, 2007

Okie-Vegas Trip Report: Part 4

The drive to Gary's was fun. TripJax slept in the back seat while I got to hang out with Jordan and let him drive the rental. We got a chance to talk for a while and it was great.
Arriving at Gary's, Mrs.GCox had morning food on the table for us along with coffee, juice, milk, whatever you wanted. She prepared all kinds of great breakfast foods and we ate up. Not long after that, Maudie, Gracie, and FTrain arrived with the BBQ and we wolfed that down also.
Tables were set up, everyone including Yestbay1 arrived and the tournament soon began. I was feeling great with 2 hours of sleep under my belt in the last 60 or so. I get seated between Gracie and Kat. I start off good and build up a little but then I get over-involved in a few hands that I have to get away from. This leaves me short-stacked and I limp in to the final table. Maudie has a gift for everyone that made the final table and Oossuuu754 I'm sure is disappointed especially for not getting one of these fine OU shot glasses....heh. I get a few chances to push in and try to double but I'm behind twice in a row and get lucky to split both times. Then Skidoo runs in to my AK with his AJ and I double up and get almost healthy. I hang in for a long time and a few people get eliminated. I wind up going out in 6th when I push J8 from the small blind and run in to Kat's QJ. Oops. She goes on to take down the tourney so at least my chips went to a good place!
After the tourney, I get a chance to shower and shave before playing some cash 1/2 no limit. The cash game is a lot of fun and I end up ahead 25 bucks. We get a chance to sing some karaoke and just have a great time being together. GCox, Mrs.GCox, and Lil'GCox showed us an awesome time. They are excellent hosts and made everyone feel so welcome to be there.
We crashed at G's house and in the morning Mrs. GCox made us an awesome breakfast before TripJax and I had to hit the road. A few hugs later and we were on our way.........
It was a long drive but I would have driven 100 times further than that to get to hang out with each and every one of you.