Tuesday, July 10, 2007

MTTs are going well

I've gotten my mojo back in multi-table tournaments. I'm getting really close to a big pay day. I made the money in the 28k tonight and made it to the final table in The Hoy...but just short of the cash.
I placed 70th of over 2,700 on Stars in a rebuy and last night I made it to the top 50 in a MTT with over 650 entrants on Full Tilt. I feel a big payday coming soon. I've made a few adjustments in my game and it seems to be helping in two areas:

1) Picking up a big stack early. I've broadened my preflop range a little and I'm relying more on outplaying my opponents postflop. I'm not talking about bluffing; I'm talking about them bluffing when I hit mostly. Also, betting premiums hard early is really paying off. People just don't want to believe you and will really pay off those big bets.

2) Switching gears a little better. I'm tightening up at the right times. Also, I'm doing something I'm really not comfortable with but it's getting better and that is playing from position a little stronger. I'm widening my range based on position and not turning weak after the flop. That being said, I am also getting away from some hands when I'm obviously beat.

I've found myself with some really healthy stacks late in some huge field tournaments and I think this is where I'm struggling a little. I think there's a point somewhere about halfway through the payouts where I'm a little too loose and tend to donk off a large part of a very healthy stack causing me to go out a table or two before the final table. I've been going over my end-game play in recent tournaments and I feel like I've found a few corrections so hopefully I can take one to the house soon.

Okie-Vegas countdown: 9 days