Monday, June 25, 2007

Back From Vacation

I got away for a few days this week and went to Destin, Florida for a little relaxation. The magnetic pull from the west was strong, but we decided not to make the trek over to Biloxi.
It was nice to get away for a few days and the weather was beautiful. My youngest two kids and their boyfriend and girlfriend went with Mrs. Surf and I. My oldest son's family stayed here in Kennesaw. They have a baby due in the next few days so travel for them was out.

It's nice to be home and back at work. I'm one of those freaks that actually enjoys what he does for a living. I have learned to take time off and enjoy it but I am a workaholic at heart. I thought at one time it would be cool to be a beach bum, but I'm no good at it. I come from a long line of workaholics so I come by it honest.

That being said, I am soooooooooo looking forward to Okie-Vegas. Everything about it is so cool from getting to ride there with Tripjax to our stop in Tunica for a little layover to meeting so many people I have talked to for so long but never met in person. Gary has really put together a great agenda. I can't freakin' wait!!!