Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Dialing In

I'm dialing in on my MTT game. I've ran very well in several tournaments this week but I've fallen short of a big cash.
The first was a 10+1 with 424 entrants. I ran solid and went out in 11th just shy of the final table.
Next up was a 10+1 with a little bit bigger field of 1,312. I ran this one for a good little while going out in 36th.
The next night I won a token and played a 24+2. 1,309 entrants in this one. I stayed tight for a long time in this one getting no playable cards and the play was very aggressive. I finally managed to get it all in with a nice set and tripled up. Then I hit 3 or 4 really nice hands and got way up. I ran well for a good while but took a sick bad beat that nearly knocked me too low to get back in it. I somehow managed to climb back up and hang in for a while going out in 41st place.
I had another nice run in a 24+2 yesterday but got knocked out a little shy of the money when I flopped a club flush out of the big blind holding 10 7. I check raised a very loose player and he didn't buy it and pushed all in with more than my 20,000 stack. I called and I think he had something like pocket jacks. His jack was a club giving him four cards to a higher flush draw. He hit it on the river and I went home empty-handed.
I'm very happy with my MTT play right now and I feel a big win coming soon.

Best of luck at the tables this week everyone!!!