Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Rediscovering Surflexus

I have found myself diversifying my game so much in the past two or three months I kind of lost my way in my bread and butter games where I consistently build my roll. I've identified a few leaks that I had strangely developed. I thought I would share a few with you in hopes that maybe this will help someone.

Leak1. Seeing too many flops

I have gained more and more confidence in my ability to read players and hand ranges and I've been seeing way too many flops feeling that I would just outplay my opponents to compensate for being loose. This all began when I tried an experiment and increased my hand range in early stages of MTT's. I found myself getting huge chip leads early in tournaments. The problem was not adjusting in the mid-stages and tightening up properly. I believe I have come a long way in correcting this.

Leak 2. Playing too many different types of tournaments back to back.

I should definitely stick to one type of tournament at a time. It is extremely tough to have a Razz tourney, a limit holdem tourney, and a no limit tourney going at the same time. Make one of them a double stack and another a turbo and it gets even crazier. I am working on playing only one type of tournament at a time and focusing on the strategy for that tournament.

Best of luck at the tables this week everyone!!!