Monday, December 17, 2007

Rewarding Bad Play

If you don't like bad beats........then it's no big deal. I'm just having fun with titles today. The month of December has actually been very kind to me and there just haven't been that many suckouts.
I had the pleasure of playing at 23Skidoo's Saturday night. It was awesome. He has a really good recap of the first tournament with links to all the many bloggers that were in attendance.
As I mentally prepared for this tournament I assembled a list of notes on all the players I was expecting to see there. I quickly realized it was going to be an interesting evening with the styles of play I could see forming on my list. Wow!!! I'm going to have to play at my very best to avoid an early exit, I thought.
Before the game I met up with several of the guys for a bite to eat at The Ale House.
BrainMc, Kajagugu, Sham, Gnome, and I finished up our meal and headed for Skidoo's.
Skidoo has a list of all that attended so head on over to his blog for the full recap and list of attendees. I managed to place 2nd in the tournament. Doug G. ( a PokerCat arena regular ) was on fire and played the big stack well taking it down.
Several of the guys had a table going so the final 4 or 5 of us from the tournament decided to play a turbo sit-n-go. We were joined by ButchHoward's wife and I place 2nd again as Butch's wife knocked me out for the win.
I got a few phone calls during the evening from Kat and TripJax; great talking to both of you!!!
Trip's brother would have gotten the long distance award if Gnome wasn't there all the way from Hawaii. SurlyPokerGnome has been an online friend for a long time and I finally got a chance to play some live poker with him. Great meeting you!!!
There were several people there that started at the other table and I didn't get a chance to play cards with all night but it was great seeing all of you.
Thanks a lot to Skidoo for hosting!!!