Saturday, December 01, 2007

Friends

I've made a lot of really good friends playing poker. Last night was one of those nights I thoroughly enjoy. It started with Kat's Friday night $1 rebuy. It was a nice turnout and Kat and I went all in 10 times in a row at the beginning of the game in honour of Robert Craig "Evel" Knievel. I was talking to several friends in the girly chat and watching my father win first place in a sit-n-go. Way to go dad!!!
Someone mentioned that they were going to play the razz tournament that was about to start. I was running fairly well in Kat's tournament and didn't want to start anything else right then. A few other people started signing up for the razz tourney and then they started talking about a last-longer competition. I'm a sucker for some good competition so I signed up as well.
I got off to a rocky start in the razz tourney and I was eliminated from Kat's tourney so it gave me a chance to focus on rebuilding my stack in razz. Razz is a lot about sitting back and picking your spots. I used to push, push, push when I picked a hand I was going to play. By observing Poker Enthusiast I have learned that sometimes it is better to control the size of the pot in case you brick, brick, brick which happens a lot.
My stack started to build back up and then I won a couple of huge pots and found myself near the top of the board. Meanwhile a lot of the players in the last longer were heading the other direction. Numb Bono threw out the additional challenge of one of us winning the whole thing. I set my sights and did my best but fell short finishing in 3rd place but I did manage to take the last-longer challenge down.
The TOC is nearing the end and I haven't won a seat yet. I'll keep giving it my best shot and hopefully the next few events will go well.
I'm heading back over to BrainMc's tonight for another live tourney. I can't wait!

Have a great week everyone and especially to all of you heading to Vegas!!!