Sunday, November 04, 2007

Poker Snakes

I went to a game last night at a co-worker's house and finally broke my streak of going out on the bubble in live tournaments cashing in 3rd place. Kuro has a nice recap of the game including the now famous poker snakes. I'm not sure if he was still there or not, but the highlight of the evening for me was when one player headed down the hall to the bathroom and shouted "There's no more snakes back here is there?"
My favorite hand of the night came when I was on the button and was dealt pocket aces. The flop came out ace high rainbow and a friend of mine announced all-in. I made sure not to slow roll him and turned over my set of aces. He was drawing dead by the turn and it was a huge pot that gave me a nice stack.
I had to fold a couple of hands that crippled my stack but managed to make it in to the money. I raised with A 7 when we were down to 3 players and Matt G. reraised me all in. I called and he had KQ. I hit a 7 on the flop but he hit a queen on the turn and I was eliminated.
It was a very fun game with a large starting amount of chips (10,000) and a good blind structure. I'll be going to this one again me thinks!