Monday, October 22, 2007

Mr. Glass and BBT2 Kickoff

A few months back I went with a friend to help him shop for a new laptop. We went a few places and the service was really horrible. You have to wonder how they stay in business with the customer no-service they provide.
We finally stopped at a place and had a very pleasant experience thanks to Mr. Glass. He was very service oriented and we were soon on our way with a new laptop. I was so impressed by Mr. Glass that I played a big role in getting him hired at the company where I work.
It turns out that Mr. Glass was a blue chip prospect pitcher in high school and college but unfortunately suffered a few setbacks with arm injuries and had to give up pitching.
He likes to play poker and I invited him to come with me to Kaja's with me for a little tournament. BrainMc was there along with many of Kaja's regular crowd. I hit a few monster hands early on but got little action with them. Mr. Glass I noticed was accumulating a huge stack at the other table.
When we moved to the final table, I was a below average stack. I managed to get back in good shape but bubbled out in 4th. Mr. Glass finished in a very respectable 2nd place. Many thanks to Kaja for hosting.

The BBT2 kicked off last night on Full Tilt. I started out well then went card dead for about an hour but managed to stay around 3,500 or so when a very interesting hand developed.
I was holding pocket sixes in early position and limped in. Tripjax called from the button, Cracknaces called from the small blind and Lucko checked. The flop comes 3 6 8 rainbow. Both blinds check and I decide to bet the pot to disguise my set figuring with three players in the hand with me I will get a caller so I fire out 480. Tripjax surprises me and re-raises to 1,300. Cracknaces, not to be outdone, raises it yet again to 2,330 and all in. I don't see any way I'm getting away from my set here so I wait a few seconds and call leaving about a grand behind. Tripjax calls as well and he is all but in with 75 chips remaining. The turn is a 9 and I go ahead and put Trip all in. He calls and we all flip up. I have a set, Cracknaces has A 8 for TPTK and Tripjax has 7 8 suited which has now developed in to an open ended straight draw. The ten hits on the river and Tripjax wins a huge pot.
That knocked me way down but I managed to hang in for another hour building back up to about 4k before i made a terrible play against Buddy Dank giving him no credit for the good hand he held.
A little bad luck and a little bad play ended my chances and I will have to wait for the next one. This is a great series of tournaments with a tremendous prize package going to the winner.
Congrats to Jeciimd for winning the Big Game last night!!

Best of luck at the tables this week everyone!!!