Sunday, October 07, 2007

$75 Token

I played a qualifier for the Monday 1K with my $75 token. There were 20 entrants. 1st got an entry and 2nd-4th won a little cash. Hoyazo was at my starting table. He got off to a good start while I became shorter and shorter as the players at our table kept re-raising my hands and forcing me out of pots. I was forced to tighten up as I found myself below 500 in chips early on. I would double up only to see the blinds knock me back down time and again. I finally got a little traction on a very lucky hand where I shoved with pocket tens and ran in to AA only to hit two more tens and get back in the game. Wheeeeee!!!

I missed the hand that crippled him, but somehow Hoy had gotten fairly low in chips. He and I wound up in a hand together and he shoved when I held the low end of a straight. He didn't have enough to push me out so I made the call and eliminated him.

I managed to make the final table as a very short stack where I stayed tight, picked my fights and battled my way to 4th place and $64; a lot better finish than it looked like I was going to have. Oh well, my dream of playing in the 1K this Monday night didn't come to fruition but I believe I will be in one soon.



Best of luck at the tables this week everyone!!!