Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!!!

Happy New Year to everyone!
I'm excited about my goals for 2008 and will be making my first trip to Tunica in a couple of weeks to work on a few of them.
Poker Enthusiast has started a Razz Blog and he has asked me to contribute some Razz hand histories along with my thoughts during the hands. I think it's a really cool idea. There isn't many blogs out there dedicated to Razz play. I'll be adding a link over on the side bar for it.

If I don't have you linked up and you wish to be please let me know in the next few days. I'll be going through and updating my blogroll later in the week.

I had the pleasure of playing in the Huntsvegas Christmas tournament Friday evening. It was great to meet everyone there and I had a really great time. It's not a bad drive at all and I hope I can make it over there again soon. I went for about an hour and a half throwing away a ton of junk hands and picking up just enough pots to keep around the average stack when a very interesting hand happened that I completely misplayed on the flop. I had A J of diamonds in middle position and raised it up. I got one call out of the blinds and the flop came out with the K and Q of diamonds and a small card. It was checked to me and I decided I didn't want to get any more in to the pot without even a pair but that was a huge mistake because I could have probably taken it down right there and even if he called I had about half the deck to make a hand with. I checked and another rag hit the board and my opponent bets all in which is for about 2/3 of my remaining chips. I'm getting 2 to 1 to call and I'm really upset that I didn't bet the flop. I go ahead and call as I still think I have about a 35 to 40% chance of drawing out and my hand does not improve. He had a pair of nines. I went out not too long afterwards on a desperation shove as the blinds were about the size of my stack. Hopefully next time I get to play there, I will make a better showing.

Have a great week everyone!!!