Sunday, February 12, 2006

Luckbox

I played well in the 10,500 guaranteed tourney until we were almost to the money. I then became involved in about 3 hands I shouldn't have. This left me extremely short stacked. One away from the money I limped in and flopped top pair. I check raised all-in and was called by trips. I got knocked out but I was very fortunate; the one player with less chips than me got knocked out also and I squeaked in to the money.
I'm playing another MTT on Full Tilt right now. It started with 504 players. There are 71 remaining. I have a big stack so maybe I will do better this time.
I want to give special thanks to Matt who helped me with a part of my game in MTT's. I have taken your advice Matt and I've had huge stacks late in the last 3 tourneys I've played.
It's not a unique concept that Matt helped me with. I mentioned to him that I get to the money often but I'm usually short-stacked. He asked me questions and pin-pointed some opportunities I had been missing; namely picking up the blinds when I have position. I have to admit I was tightening up at the wrong times. After talking to Matt, I laid out my strategy and changed my timing on changing gears and added a little more aggressiveness. I want to refine it a little more before giving specifics, but if it nets the results I believe it will I will post them soon.

Edit: I finished in 20th place. I got my money in with the best of it....AQ against A 10 but he hit two more tens and I'm out.