Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Tunica Booked

Mrs. Surf and I have booked a room at The Grand in Tunica for our anniversary. We will be there April 29 - May 1. I'm planning to play the Sunday tourney at the Gold Strike while we are there. I think the buy-in is $325 or so. I'm playing fairly well lately most of the time but I have a few things to shore up in my game between now and then so I have a few smaller tounaments scheduled between now and then.
I mentioned it previously but I again want to extend a big thanks to Garth for taking time out of his schedule to hang out with us on M Street in Georgetown. We ate dinner at Clyde's. It was a great time and the food was very good. It was a part of D.C. we wouldn't have seen if not for Garth.
There were plenty of great restruants to select from in A.C. and Jordan gave me some great advice. We ate at several nice places including RiRa and I spotted a few more that I want to try next time. Two days in AC is really nowhere near the time needed to explore the place. I plan on being there at least four or five days next trip. Hopefully I can arrange to meet with some bloggers there next trip. The weather was very iffy this time and Jordan had a wedding to attend; maybe next time.
Next up on the calender is Weekend at Mookie's. I'm trying to fit this in to my calender this month but I have to be honest; it's not looking good. Never the less, I'm checking out flights and I'm going to try and squeeze it in.