Sunday, August 19, 2007

BrainMc's League Tournament

Eleven players attended BrainMc's league tournament last night. Four bloggers were in attendance. BrainMc, Kajagugu, Aposec72, and myself.
The blind structure and chip starting amounts were great. If you are setting up a home tourney and you need help with structure, I recommend you consult with BrainMc. Aposec had his aces busted early on. He raised the blinds about 3 or 4 times the big blind. I had KQ and came in behind him with a call. The big blind had small connectors and called with 3 4. The flop had a 3 and a 4 in it. Aposec led out with a bet of 100 and I called . The big blind re-raised and Aposec called. I got out of the way and they were all in. No help came Aposec's way and he was sent to the rail early with aces cracked. I was next out when I flopped top two pair against Kaja. I held 10 J and the flop was J 10 9. I bet out and he re-raised enough to hit my pressure point where I had to either fold or go all in. I chose to go all in hoping he had top pair with a straight draw or maybe he had gotten fancy with a big pair. No such luck as he was holding KQ for the flopped straight and I needed help. No help on the turn or river and Kaja took it down; nice hand sir. Kaja and BrainMc went a little further but both busted out before the money (top 3).
A few more busted out and we started up a short-handed cash table. I held my own and cashed out up just a bit.
I'm going to try and satellite my way in to the FTOPS main event today. I'll post again and let you know if I make it.
Edit: I didn't make it to the Main Event but Iakaris did. I'll be watching from the rail and cheering him on. Gooooooooo Iak!!!!!!!!!