Thursday, April 03, 2008

Main Event Seat Offered, Braves Game, Okie-Vegas Plans

It was about a week and a half ago and I was at my desk at work soaking it all in. It was a little hard to believe but I had just been offered a chance to play the Main Event of the World Series of Poker. A friend of mine had contacted me and let me know he had been offered a seat and couldn't go and wanted to know if I wanted the seat. It seems the gentleman that had won the seat couldn't go and was looking for someone that could play it.
First of all, I was and still am honoured that I was asked and don't take it lightly. I pulled up the schedule and the first thing I noticed was that it is going to run at the exact same time as Okie Vegas. Now this is a pro and a con. I already have the entire amount of time off from work that it will be running so that part is no problem. I talked to the gentleman that has the seat and everything sounded great as far as the agreement we would have. I would be responsible for travel and accomodations. This part goes on the con side but is nowhere near expensive enough to be a big discouragement.
There were a lot of pros and cons to consider and in the end after about a week of beating myself up and stressing over it I decided against playing the main event this year. I will play it but this will not be the year.
So with that out of the way a huge pressure lifted from my shoulders. Almost everyone I confided in and talked to leaned towards me going but in the end I had to go with my own feelings and for several reasons I chose not to go.
Thank you again so much for the opportunity. I really appreciate it.

Monday night was opening day at Turner Field. Kuro and Sham were going and invited me along with several other friends including Skidoo. I mentioned that I could probably get the limo from work to take us down there and everyone seemed keen to that idea. I lined it up and off we went.
The limo picked me up at work and we headed to the Cat Arena to pick up the guys. We arrived and everyone piled in. We had one more stop down the street to pick up a couple more people that were going with us. While in the parking lot of the tavern where we were meeting them, out of the blue a guy on a Segway comes riding by. One of the guys yells out to him that he will trade him the limo for the Segway. I politely remind him that the limo is not his to trade. He explains that to the Segway guy and the guy asks if anyone wants to ride his Segway. Several of the guys take turns riding it. It was awesome watching everyone take their turn.
When we arrived at Turner Field we had the "All you can eat" seats and we headed for the concession stand. They had hot dogs, burgers, fries, popcorn, peanuts, and sodas laid out and you just loaded up on whatever you want. It was great!
Unfortunately the Braves lost the game but we had a great time. Several of the guys with us had never ridden in a limo so I was thrilled that I was able to get the limo for the night.

Okie Vegas is fast approaching. It's only about 12 weeks away. If you are on the fence and undecided about going I highly encourage you to come on out and join us. I had such a great time last year and can't wait for it to get here. Head on over to The Official Okie-Vegas Website and let G know if you are planning to attend.

Well, that's about it for now. Have a great week at the tables everyone! ! !