Sunday, April 06, 2008

Poker Stars Sunday Million

The Sunday Million on Stars has just started. My table is very tight so far. I've picked up a few great starting hands but gotten no action with them.

We started with 7,680 players and the top 1,080 make the money.

Update: I just picked up AA for the second time and won a nice pot with it. I'm a little over 13k. We started with 10k.
Update: The table has loosened up a little bit. I picked up AQ suited and raised it up and got 2 callers. I had to let it go after the flop missed me entirely. I'm still over 13k.
Update: We are 40 minutes in. I'm at 12k. I had to fold a medium pair after I got reraised big preflop. There's a lot of loose action now and people are playing much less than premium hands. I'm looking for a good opportunity and being patient.
Update: We're approaching the first break. I'm at about 12,500 and the avg is 13k.
Update: Half way through the second hour. I'm a little card dead and treading water at 13,500 or so. The average is up to 17k. We've lost 3,200 players already.
Thanks to Kat, PokerEnthusiast, Donkette, CK, DuggleBogey and everyone that has wished me luck.
Update: Finally got a hand to pay off. I picked up aces and won a nice pot. We're approaching the second break and I have 27,500 and the avg is 26,200. There are 2,900 left in.
Update: 20 minutes in to hour 3. I have 30k and the avg is 35k. Hanging in there. We're down to 2,159 players.
Update: Forty minutes in to the 3rd hour. I'm at 30,500. The average is up to 43k. We have 1,713 left in and 1,080 make the money.
Update: 22,042 at the 3rd break. avg is 57,100. getting close to the money but i need a hand pretty soon.
Update: Blinds and antes were eating me up and I had to shove from the button with no play behind me with A8. called by 89. back up to 25k... 104 to the money.... 1,184 left
Update: We're in the money. I managed to triple up with 99 hitting a set. I'm still a short stack and will have to shove again soon. We're down to 815. The money goes up again at 810 so I'll wait until after that.
Update: I'm out in 765th of 7,680. I won $460.80 not bad for an $11 investment. Thanks to everyone that cheered me on.