Saturday, April 05, 2008

30 Months and 300 Posts

This is my 300th post on this here ol' blog and I've been documenting my poker play for over two and a half years.
I love poker plain and simple. I love to play poker, study poker, talk about poker, and even go on trips that center around poker events and gatherings. The poker blogger "community" contains people from all walks of life and many of us would have never met if not for poker blogging. I have enjoyed meeting each and every one of you that I have had the pleasure to spend time with.

There has been much talk recently about the amount of mean-spirited chat during blogger tournaments and I won't spend a lot of time on this as I don't want to fan the flames of something that is already blown way out of proportion to the attention it deserves.
If you have played poker for any length of time you have been subjected to trash talk and learned that some people voice their opinions of play and players loudly and some just choose to let their play do their talking. Is there more of it in the games? Probably so. Percentage-wise I'm not so sure there's much of a difference. I mean the blogger games are drawing in crowds of around 100 players where they used to bring in 30-40 or less so doesn't it stand to reason that there will be 2 to 3 times more of this type of behaviour for all to see.
The prizes offered in the BBT3 have a great chance of bringing in even larger crowds over the next few months. Al and the others involved did a lot of work to put this thing together and I for one appreciate it very much. I haven't won a seat to the TOC but I will be there when I can trying to win and I hope to see you there too.