Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Double A and B and the Skills Tourney

I'm running 3 tournaments tonight. I'm off to a decent start in Daily Double Tournaments A & B just after the first break.
I'm playing the Skills tournament. It's a rotation game of limit holdem, omaha h/l, and stud h/l....not my strongest tournament games. I'm struggling to keep a stack going but hanging in so far with a few lucky hands.
Update: One hour and forty five minutes in I just busted out of Double B in about 350th place of around 1,000 players. I'm still running great in Double A with 12k and the average stack is around 6k. 341 left in and 153 cash.
I've ramped up the aggression a little in the Skills tournament and it seems to be helping a little. Of course getting the cards you need here and there helps too. We started with 67 players and there are 62 still in after a little over an hour. The top 8 make the money. I'm currently in 39th in chips.
Update: We're at the second break in the Double A. The average stack is 9,051. I'm at 16,316 in chips and 27th of the 230 left in. I'm 6th of the 51 left in the Skills tournament. There's still a long way to go in both.
Update: I stayed in a few hands I should have folded in the Skills tourney and I'm out around 27th or so. I ran 99 in to AA in the Double A and got short stacked. I went out a short time later in 77th place out of 1,050.