Saturday, May 10, 2008

Daily Fifteen Grand on Stars

I'm playing the Daily 15 Grand on Stars right now. We are past the first break.
There are 715 of the original 2,427 entrants left in. $24,270 in the prize pool. The top 378 make the money. I'm sitting in about 400th right now with 5,000 or so in chips. the average stack is 7k so I'll need a hand here in a while. I'll be back to update.
Update: Out in 371st. I hung in to the money but I couldn't ever pick up a hand to run with before that. Once in the money I was in the big blind with K 10. It folded around to the small blind who just called. I had 800 in as the big blind and another 1,800 behind. I decided to go ahead and shove knowing he would call because he was a really lose big stack. He called and held A 4. Two more fours on the flop. I picked up an open ended straight draw on the turn but the top end was no good because it would have given him a boat. River is a blank and I'm out.

It's a little surprising to me that a field this large gets to the money in less than 2 hours.