Sunday, May 04, 2008

Sunday Hundred Grand and Iron Man

I went to see Iron Man last night. Robert Downey Jr. did a great job as Tony Stark. I recommend it. It was very enjoyable.
I'm playing the Sunday Hundred Grand on Poker Stars and a couple of tournaments on Full Tilt.
The Sunday Hundy has 22,182 entrants and the prize pool is $221,820. The top 3,375 get paid.
I was dealt pocket aces the first hand of the game and the flop came out king high giving a player with AK top pair top kicker. He went to the felt with me and I have doubled to 6k. I'll be back in a bit to update.
Update: First update is not a good one. I made a top straight on the turn with no pair or flush on board and re-re-reraised a player who held two pair. The board paired on the river giving him a boat and I paid him off. I'm down to 2k.
Update: I picked up AK and reraised it. One caller and a king high flop. I weak bet it and he re-popped it. I shoved with just a little more and he made the crying call and doubled me up. I'm sitting at 4,370 now. The average stack is 3,418 and there are 19,438 in.
Update 3:55 pm- We have been running 25 minutes on Stars. My two tournaments are getting ready to start in 5 minutes on Tilt. I'm playing the early A & B double tournaments. It looks like we will probably have over a thousand in each. I'll post the payouts and specifics in a few. I hit a set just now on Stars but 4 clubs on the board at the river. I didn't lose much and I'm still at 4,170.
Update 4:08 pm- I went out in the Hundred with a set of fours. Opponent held A 5 and hit 2 3 4 for the straight. The two on Tilt have started.
Tourney A has 1,223 entrants and Tourney B has 1,106. The top 180 make the money in each.
Update 4:21 pm- Out of Tourney B. I flopped a flush and a player with top two pair pushed all in. He hit his boat on the turn and I'm done. I'm doing ok in the other one. I have 2,800 or so. the average is 2,347.
Update 5:07pm- 4,305 at the first break in Tourney A. The avg is 3,827 and there are 639 left in of the 1,223 that started. I'm in 225th.
Update 6:14pm- We are at the next break. I have 8,922 and the avg is 9,592. I'm 122nd of 255 left and 180 make the money...hanging in.
Update 6:28pm- I called an all in from the button out of the big blind with AQ. He held Q9 suited but made a flush and I'm down to 3,547. We're about 20 from the money.
Update 6:41pm- We're in the money. I managed to double up to 5k.
Update 6:45pm- Out in 152nd. I shoved from the small blind with A2. The big blind called with A mid and his kicker played.