Friday, July 28, 2006

Tunica Tournaments

I'm planning a trip to Tunica in a few weeks. The Gold Strike has a $10,000 guarantee freeze out tournament the first Sunday of every month. The buy-in is $330. It will probably be the first Sunday in September when I go. They have some juicy tournaments on Friday and Saturday as well with buy-ins in the $200 range. If any of you bloggers in the Atlanta area are interested in going let me know. I have room and will drive us up there and back.
I played a double shootout to the million on Stars tonight and ran in to a very good player heads up in the first round. His name on Stars is Phat Elvis. We played heads up for a very long time and I used up at least nine lives coming back from short stack after short stack. He finally finished me off when we both made a straight...his being the high end. Good job Phat!!
Best of luck at the tables this weekend everyone.