Sunday, August 19, 2007

Notes on Opponents

Here is a list of the types of notes I make on opponents. I'm interested in hearing any others that I don't list.

Limit cash game notes:
VP$IP
wins and losses when at my table
Raise, Limp, Fold percentages
any odd hands at showdown
any noticed leaks in their game

No-Limit Cash game notes:
VP$IP
percentage of hands played
Raise, Limp, Fold percentages
odd hands played or any leaks noticed in their game
ability to fold

Tournament game notes:
% of flops seen and position played from
notes on any hands shown
note what tournaments i have played with them
ability to fold
bet patterns and what they held
how being at different M levels affects their decisions
tight, loose, or gear-changer

I use the colors on Full Tilt when making notes as well. It's based on how they
rank in the above mentioned criteria.
Here are the questions I have for you.
1. What notes do you take that I didn't list?
2. What is the most important stat to have on your opponents?
3. What stats do you track on yourself?
4. What has been the biggest leak in your game and what have you done or are you doing to correct it?