Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Tunica and The Math

I just won The Math. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

The trip to Tunica was a successful one in that I gained a whole lot of live playing experience with some really good players. Unfortunately I made a few bad plays and didn't catch many cards in either of the $500+50's that I played. I won my seat in to the first one on the first try. It got down to two of us and I had him outchipped 5 to 3. It was a $65 buy-in and I gave him $150 for the tourney entry. I played a $125 satellite and got outdrawn after getting my money in ahead to go out in 4th. The top two won a $550 entry. I won the third satellite I played outright with no chop for my second $550. I got to play at a table with Montel Williams for a little while in the second $550 which was cool. He's still learning the game but he has as much fun as anyone there. I lost two close hands to the same guy and then pushed my chips all in against his unrelenting pressure when I hit 4 hearts on the flop. He called and I missed and that was it. I feel like I gained a ton of experience and I learned a couple of neat little moves I had never seen before. Here's one of them. Three people limp in to a pot and the blind checks. After the flop, the blind throws his cards away and a couple of people told him it was free to check. He said, "Oh, thanks....I always forget that." A couple of orbits later the same thing almost happens. He picks up his cards after the flop and then sets them back down and says, "I check" like he caught himself. The opponent bets strong and he comes over the top all in. The other guy is priced in and has no choice but to call really. The "rookie"..haha...in the blind flips over the nut straight...nice move sir.
It was great to see HuntsVegas again. Unfortunately he had a tough go of it; better luck next time. I also got a chance to meet Jusdealem. She came over for a while the day of Event 2. She was very nice and it was cool to get to hang out with her for a little while. Oddly enough she looks a whole lot like my sister. It felt like I had known her for a long time and we had a very good conversation.

Special thanks to my good friend PokerEnthusiast for helping me keep my friends and family informed while I was playing in Tunica. Thanks!!!

Best of luck at the tables this week everyone!!!